Monday, 17 December 2007

Change of Mission

Be careful what you ask for....

About a week ago I changed my status on my Facebook account to "ready for a change of mission".
Little did I know how close I was to exactly that!

It's been the plan for some time now that after I finished my command at the Salerno Hospital I would move too Qalat, Afghanistan to serve as a liaison to the Jordanian Field Hospital. I was planning to do that on or about 3 January 2008. Well, late on 12 December I got a call from my boss, "I need you in Qalat on 14 Dec!" For anyone who has served here, getting from point A to point B is rarely easy, and never quick.

So, after a whirlwind 3 days getting my personal and professional affairs in order I departed from FOB Salerno on 16 December, heading to Bagram to catch a flight to Kandahar to catch another flight to Qalat. But, Bagram is always backed up with personnel trying to get to places throughout Afghanistan, and at this time of year the mail has priority over most passengers, so everyone can get their Christmas packages on time! So, here I sit in Bagram, waiting for a flight...

I'll keep up the blog from Qalat, and I'll see if there is someone who will keep up the blog for the Salerno Hospital from FOB Salerno.

I'll post more when I get settled, in Kandahar or Qalat, or wherever the next mission takes me.

Phillips, out.

6 comments:

Haole Wahine said...

Sounds like you kinda wrapped everything up in a sheet and headed out of the door?

Unpacking should be interesting.

I hope the legs of your trip go well. Looks kinda like an old Southwest route from Houston to Corpus Christi, by way of Dallas or Midland/Odessa.

Take care, and thanks for a job well done at FOB Salerno Hospital.

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the - Web Reconnaissance for 12/17/2007 A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

Ky Woman said...

Typical, Hurry up and wait...
Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味


寒假打工

酒店pt

酒店應徵

台北禮服店

酒店



酒店兼差

禮服店

酒店上班

酒店打工


台北酒店





酒店經紀

台北酒店pt

台北酒店經紀

酒店兼職

酒店經紀人

台北便服酒店

酒店工作

台北便服店

台北酒店兼差

酒店午場

台北酒店兼職

打工兼差

打工兼職

sagar said...

If you want to do a shopping in Mumbai, but you have no idea how many shops there are in Mumbai of that type of shopping? Though wealso don’t have exact no of shopping centers but we have large collection of Mumbai business addresses with their phone number and postal address. So, whether you are from local Mumbai or you are a tourist, this site may be helpful for you. So, explore thiswebsite and you may find it useful.Mumbai

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差